Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Airhead by Meg Cabot


                I really love a lot of books.  If I had to narrow it down to my two favorite books I would have to day Snowed In and Love on the Lifts.  The author of both of these is Rachel Hawthorne.  Every romance book by her that I have read I have loved.  An author that I also really like is Sabrina James.  She writes similar books that are just as good.   I really like these authors and books because I love reading romance novels and these authors write very uniquely.  Yes, there is a happy ending like most romance novels, but in the middle you never know what is going to happen.

                Then genre of books that I really love to read is realistic fiction.  I have a really difficult time finding books outside of realistic fiction that I like.  I really love reading realistic fiction because it is real life experiences that I can compare to whether I dealt with them myself or I have seen other people deal with them.  I find that by reading books that you can compare to you can know the way the character is feeling, and you can understand what is going on in the story.

                The book that I am currently reading right now is Airhead by Meg Cabot.  To tell you the truth I would have probably never read the book if it wasn’t lying around my house.  I had just finished a book and it was there, so I decided to give it a try.  Even though this book would not have been my first choice it is turning out as a pretty good book.  The setting of this book is present day New York City.  The main character in this story is Emerson (Nikki).  The secondary character in the story are Lulu, Brandon, Frida, and Gabriel.  So, in this book there is a girl, Emerson, and some people can consider her a nerd or geek.  They can consider this because she sits around and plays video games all day and she doesn’t care about the celebrity gossip.  Her sister, Frida, is the complete opposite.  Her sister reads all the fashion magazines, tries out for cheerleading, and loves shopping.  One day Frida dragged along Emerson to the Stark mall opening.  There were people there protesting by shooting paint balls at the TV screens.  Frida was standing under one of the TV screens just as a paint ball hit it.  The screen starts to fall and Emerson runs and pushes her out of the way.  Then Emerson is on the ground with a heavy TV crushing her body.  About a month later Emerson wakes up in the hospital noticing that she has changed a lot.  Her voice was higher, she didn’t like ice cream, and her fingers are skinnier.  Eventually her family has told her that she is not really herself anymore.  She had gotten a brain transplant with a famous model, Nikki.  They explain that Nikki was having a brain problem and her brain died the same time Emerson was crushed by the TV.  The doctors decided the only way to fix this problem was to put Emerson’s brain into Nikki’s body.  To make things worse on Emerson the doctors said that no one can know she is not Nikki except for her family and she has to live life the way Nikki did.  This includes dating Nikki’s boyfriend, Brandon, and doing all her photo shoots.  Can Emerson live Nikki’s life?  Read the book to find out.

 

Emalie

No comments:

Post a Comment